Problem with the Disarm all tracks function

Started by norfolkmastering, September 11, 2024, 06:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norfolkmastering

Hi Alexey

I have had intermittent problems with the 'Disarm all tracks' function not working reliably.  I want to try and find out the cause of the problem.

My current logic for that function is as follows:
Function, Select strip
Function, All, Tracks Disarm
Is that correct?

If the logic is correct, is there anything else I could check?

Regards
Robert

azslow3

Hi Robert

You don't need "Function, Select strip". Just "Function, All, Tracks Disarm". In fact the first one can produce problems with the second, when executed immediately (depending on Cakewalk Processing).

Please note that can be quite slow operation. Also note that Cakewalk can't arm/disarm when transport is not stopped (doing "stop and disarm" in one go can also be problematic).

If you can provide a project and write which version of CbB/Sonar you are using, I can try to reproduce. If I can't reproduce, I can't fix...

Cheers,
Alexey.

norfolkmastering

Hi Alexey

Thanks for your guidance.

I have removed the unneeded "Function, Select strip".

I had both 'stop' and 'disarm' commands in my PIC code but they were in the wrong order (I had the 'disarm' command before the 'stop' command).
So I have corrected the order and also added a small time delay between the 'stop' and 'disarm' commands.
This seems to b working reliably now.

Question:
Although the global disarm command deselects any track arm buttons which were active, it does not trigger the change of button status feedback outputs for those buttons.  Is that what you would expect?

Regards
Robert

azslow3

Quote from: norfolkmastering on September 12, 2024, 11:46:13 AM
Question:
Although the global disarm command deselects any track arm buttons which were active, it does not trigger the change of button status feedback outputs for those buttons.  Is that what you would expect?

Track Rec.Arm
Monitor Parameter Value

Is triggered correctly after disarm, at least in my short test with X2. So I will need more details to reproduce the issue (this time I have no ideas what can be wrong in your current code  ;) )